Owen is getting a great lesson in where food really comes from. All weekend, we enjoyed fresh peaches, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, potatoes, onions, and herbs. Owen helped pick the peaches, tomatoes, and green beans. The tomatoes and peaches were the biggest hits.
Check out all of the beautiful peaches on this tree. They were all warm and DELICIOUS!
Opa and his crop.
Owen picking peaches right off the tree.
Showing off.
Eating tomatoes off the vine.
Opa spoils us by peeling and slicing peaches by the bucket. Right after picking the peaches outside, Owen sat down to eat one that was still warm from the sun. It was a yummy, juicy mess.
Then Nana spoiled us by making the best peach cobbler ever to celebrate my birthday. We all love Nana's peach cobbler, but I really think this was the best one she's ever made. Owen is very into helping in the kitchen.
This is where you should be seeing a ton of refreshing river pictures, but you'll just have to imagine it. We enjoyed a very nice weekend with friends and family in the water. Tom did a lot of fishing and I did a lot of floating. The river brings my body temperature down and lifts my growing belly up. It's perfect and I plan to spend as much time as possible this summer in the water. The fishing paid off too!
Here are cousin Greta, Owen, and Sevi 'driving' the Kubota, which is one of Owen's favorite activities at Opa and Nana's. I think he's wondering here how he lost his seat behind the wheel. The older girls were definitely in charge.
This was a perfect way to kick off the summer. We enjoyed fresh fruits and vegetables, homemade Opa bread, good friends, cool water, and I got to sleep on the sleeping porch. It was the best of both worlds - the joy of sleeping outside with all the comforts of home. A great weekend!
I am envious of all the fresh food and super jealous about the peach cobbler but not at all about the heat. I look at the peaches everyday in the stores here and am always disappointed. They are horrible. ....glad you guys had a great weekend. Owen looks so grown up with his hair cut. Miss you.
ReplyDelete