Owen is ready for college. He plans to bike around campus like cousin Andrew.
For family day, we went to the band's game day rehearsal in the stadium. It was such a cool opportunity to see the stadium from the field level and to watch the band rehearse from the sideline. Andrew and Jennifer.
Walking into the stadium we got an up-close view of Big Bertha.
They started rehearsal with all of the family members out on the field with the band. They went through drills and had the band members show us how to do different things. It was pretty entertaining, especially watching my dad march.
After we learned how to march (poorly), the band got down to business with their normal game day rehearsal. It was really fun to watch them march and hear them play. Owen loved the music and the instruments. His favorite was the tuba. Big, shiny, loud. Perfect for toddlers.
I can only imagine that they didn't want us eating on the DKR football field, but a kid's got to snack! I wonder if anyone found a stray goldfish on the field at game time.
Owen did amazingly well with our long morning. He needed a little rest about halfway through.
And then he rallied. He wanted to run out onto the field to march with the band. Here they are close to us.
Closer...
Too close! I didn't realize until we were almost run over that the band was exiting the field right here. Owen loved it.
After rehearsal, we ate a BBQ lunch with the band and then Owen, Opa, Nana, and I packed up to head home. Tom and Jennifer stayed for the game. Sad, sad game that it was. I hear the band sounded great, though!
I bet that was a lot of fun and wow, O's such the little trooper! That's a long day for him.
ReplyDeletei LOVE your hair cut! So cute! Glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDelete