Owen celebrated his birthday all day long. His teacher in his Turtles class made a special birthday sign for the door and I took rice krispie treats up to school for snack time. Owen's Turtle friends sang to him. The happy birthday song is one of Owen's favorite songs so this was a pretty great day.
After school, we went to Phil's Ice House with Opa, Nana, Lily, Landon, and Ashley. It was a beautiful day. I remember when Owen couldn't even see through the hole in the playscape where he loves to play with the steering wheel.
Opa and Nana came home with us to give Owen his present. They gave him a garbage truck that he loves.
And we ended the long day with more presents from Grandma and Grandpa!
From us, Owen got some yard tools in his size (shovel, rakes, hoe), a red play kitchen, some books, and a turtle toy.
Now that Owen is three, I started the tradition of asking him the same questions every year on his birthday and here's what I got:
1. What is your name? O- w-e-n Harp
2. How old are you now? I'm three
3. What is your favorite color? Red
4. What is your favorite toy? big Pirate ship at Sally's house
5. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries and blueberries
6. What is your favorite tv show? Word World
7. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? a roll-up sandwich
8. What is your favorite outfit? red airplane t-shirt for fire truck day with red shorts
9. What is your favorite game?
10. What is your favorite snack? Crackers (cackers) and cherries
11. What is your favorite animal? A Lion
12. What is your favorite song? Old McDonald
13. What is your favorite book? Mike Mulligan Katy story
14. Who is your best friend? Lily
15. What is your favorite cereal? Oat Squares at Opa and Nana's house
16. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing
17. What is your favorite drink? Milk and water
18. What is your favorite holiday? Easter
19. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My bwankie
20. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal and oatmeal
21. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Hamburger Place (Phil's)
22. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a doctor when I grow up
23. What is your favorite food? Oatmeal and cereal
24. What is your favorite treat? Cookies
25. What is your favorite thing daddy does with you? Floor puzzle game
26. Mommy? Play memory game
27. Cora? Playing with her.
28. Anything you want to add? I'm bigger so I take showers now.
Happy birthday, sweet Owen!
First Day of School
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment