Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter egg dyeing

We had a very busy Easter weekend, celebrating the wedding of some great friends.  We squeezed Easter egg dyeing in on Saturday morning.  I was at home alone with the kids and I thought I could set up eggs for Owen and Cora to both do some dyeing, but the first thing Cora did was grab an egg and tear it to bits.  I was obviously underestimating the mess my sweet girl could create.  I'm thankful I hadn't put the dye cups down on the table yet when this happened.



So Elvis got to eat an egg and off we went to the kitchen table where I strapped an unhappy Cora into her booster seat without any eggs!  The horror!


Nothing a bowl of grapes can't fix.


And our order-loving child got right to work dyeing the rest of the eggs.




Tom and I left for the wedding before the eggs were dry enough to go into the Easter baskets so our fabulous babysitter took these pictures of the kids with their baskets before bed. These pictures crack me up.  The last shot of Cora reminds me of Laura.  Does anyone else see it?


 

The Easter bunny brought Owen a Lego Easter bunny, some wooden eggs for the play kitchen, and some magic sponge animal capsules.  Cora got a purple tutu, a rainbow wood bead necklace, and some hair bow barrettes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment