While everyone was here, we had professional photos taken in front of the house we grew up in. I'll share those when we get them. These shots are the closest thing we have to a family picture from reunion (minus a few people). The kids have different schedules so it felt like we were never in the same place at the same time. It was difficult to keep track of the kids, let alone corral them for a photo.
O at his buffet table.
Tom and I stayed true to our "tents forever, campers never" motto this year. Owen slept in the tent with us at night and took naps during the day in his BOB stroller. Tom bought this fan for our tent last summer and he rigged it up for O this year. It was brilliant. Owen wasn't the youngest baby to attend the reunion, but he was the youngest baby to spend the night and he did it in a TENT! I'm so proud.
Sweet sweet sleep.
I wish my sisters lived closer so we could spend more time together. P and L, come back! I love you and miss you! If they lived here, life could be like this all the time! Sisters sitting together, cooling our feet in the baby pool and watching our kids play. Sigh...
The last night of reunion we surprised mom and dad with a champagne toast to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. Their anniversary was in July, but we wanted to celebrate when we could all be together. They still look amazing, don't you think? Happy Anniversary!
Back in Austin, the kids spent hours in the baby pool at Opa and Nana's. Owen isn't old enough to play yet, but Sam included him by playing the drums on his big bald head. Next time the kids are together, O will be chasing the bigger kids around and playing the drums on number 6's head. It's hard for me to imagine.
Everyone is back home now and I cried when they all left. Family makes me happy. Thanks for a great two weeks everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment