On the bright side, we are really happy about O's daycare and know that he'll be in very good hands. I'm sure this will be harder on me than it will be on him.
This week, I've crammed in some fun stuff. We went to baby day at the movie theater on Tuesday, we went to the pool yesterday, and Kara and Sadie came over today. Kara works part time and one of my favorite things about being home with O this summer has been the time we've spent with Kara and Sadie (and Danielle before she had to go back to school). Wiggly O is particularly blurry in this shot, but it's all I have today. I should have taken a picture of what our living room looks like after Sadie has been here for a while. We have a bunch of toys we've inherited from generous friends and Sadie gets them all out when she comes over. I love it.
I've also spent a lot of time this week just staring at Owen. Here's what he's up to these days...
Eyes: Still blue, but maybe a little lighter than they were a few months ago.
Hair: Not completely bald anymore. The hair on top of his head sticks up a little and it's easiest to see in the light. His hair is blond, but it's not as super light as I thought it might be.
Clothes: 9 month Carter's rompers, 6-9 month Gerber footed PJs, 12 month Gerber white onesies, 6-12 month in other brands.
Diapers: Pampers Size 2-3
Favorite entertainment: Face to face time with Tom and me, singing songs, and a crinkly/vibrating pull toy (in his carseat with him in the last photo) from our neighbor Lily, who is three months older than O.
Favorite book: I love reading "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" and "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" O also really studies the Baby Einstein books about colors and things that go.
Guaranteed laugh: O is ticklish, especially under his arms and chin. His laugh is the best thing in the world.
Tummy time: O isn't rolling much yet, but he doesn't hate tummy time like he once did. Sometimes he even puts his head down and rests.
Bath time: We still bathe O in a baby tub in the kitchen sink. He doesn't get a bath as often as his Nana think he should, but he does get wiped down when he spits up throughout the day.
Sleep: We have a sleep routine that works pretty well right now for naps and bedtime. We start by reading a book or two and then we swaddle Owen in a velcro swaddle blanket. He still seems to like the swaddling and he sleeps really well. We're told we can keep it up as long as he seems to respond well to it. Then I hold O on my shoulder and sing (Tom walks laps around the house with him) and we put him down in his crib and sing "You Are My Sunshine." Right now, he's taking 2-3 45 minute naps a day. At night, if we put him to sleep at Opa and Nana's, we have no trouble bringing him home and putting him right back to sleep in his crib.
Car rides: O is a champ in the car. He almost always sleeps and almost never cries.
Teeth: None yet, which I'm still thankful for.
Speech: Lots and lots of sounds and squeals.
Newest trick: Sticking his tongue out!
Cant wait to to stick my tongue back out at ya O
ReplyDelete--Uncle John
Great post. You will love to look back at it when he gets older and you have forgotten all his cute babyisms.
ReplyDeleteSorry you have to go back to work soon. Hopefully it's not too hard on you.
I have loved our time together this summer, too. It felt so special to spend these days with our babies and each other, just hanging out. I love you and your darling boy.
ReplyDelete