We enjoyed a nice weekend with Owen at home before he started daycare on Monday. We're all surviving the transition pretty well. Owen isn't really napping at daycare so he comes home really tired, but I expect him to get used to sleeping in the chaos of an infant classroom. We get a detailed daily report from the daycare that tells us when he ate, slept, and had his diaper changed. They also tell us that he's been content and smiley (woo hoo!). I need to read the daily reports for the other kids to see if they say that to everyone. I love my new 30 hour work week. I get to pick O up around 4 o'clock and we spend the late afternoon together.
Tom stayed home with Owen last week while I trudged back to work and they did great. I was sad to leave Owen, but I changed my work desktop to a favorite picture of O and things started to look a little brighter at the office. Tom sent me this video and I watched it a few times at work. Owen rolls from his stomach to his back as soon as we put him down for tummy time now. Poor kid rolls himself over and then we flip him right back again.
Tom also went to my parents' house to borrow this bouncy seat they have for the grandkids. Our house definitely looks like a kid lives here.
So glad to hear Owen's adjusting to his new routine. Go, Owen!
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is a framer! It's adorable.
ReplyDeleteSo jealous of your 30 hour work week - that is awesome! Charlie never did adjust to napping at daycare but he's compensated by sleeping longer at night. He also naps a lot on the weekend. When there are other kids around to watch it is just too exciting to take a nap!!!
ReplyDelete