Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 24 - A Swaddle Story

Owen is a great sleeper. We swaddle him up tight and it's like flipping a sleep switch. This week marks the end of the swaddle for Owen so here's a look back at some swaddle highlights.

Week 1 - Itty bitty


Week 13 - Swaddled in the moses basket


Week 15 - Swaddled in the Crib


Week 19 - Camping in the Texas heat

In the heat, we swaddled Owen over just a diaper, but when we checked on him we found this. Without PJs on underneath he was a slippery little sucker and kicked his way out.


Week 22 - Peek-a-boo hands, happy boy


Week 24 - The end of the swaddle

O just learned to roll over and over and when I found him on his tummy with his arms still tucked in after a nap last week, I knew it was time to say goodbye to the swaddle.


Since then, he has slept well at night, but the first time I put him down for a nap without the swaddle he cried and cried. I broke down and swaddled him one more time and he mastered the arm escape / tummy flip combo and slept great.


Now we're putting the swaddle away for good. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment