Thursday, April 29, 2010

Owen's first birthday party

A week after Owen's birthday, we celebrated with a party at Opa and Nana's new river house! The movers were there on Thursday, Owen and I helped unpack all day Friday, and we had a party on Saturday. Whew! Since then, we've spent every weekend in the new house with Opa and Nana and we love it. It's a beautiful, special place. Thank you Opa and Nana!


I made carrot cake cupcakes. I liked the idea of making a dessert with carrots in it (healthy!), but it was a Barefoot Contessa recipe so the butter far outweighed the carrots.


In the background of this picture you can see Opa and his cousin Tommy talking on the screen porch. I said I should get a picture of them and Wendy said I shouldn't bother because it's a scene they'll probably repeat over and over and over. I hope so. Lunch: chopped beef sandwiches from Black's, homemade scalloped potatoes, fruit, and veggies.



The house has a gorgeous deck, but we've had to pull a few splinters out of Owen over the last few weeks.



Owen LOVES balls. Right now, he's into pushing or throwing a ball and then chasing it around. He's still crawling, but if he holds on to our hands, he'll kick the ball and chase it on foot.


Owen and Lily, two tow-headed peas in a pod.


Time for cake! Grandma and Grandpa joined us from Florida via Skype.










Cupcakes led to milk, a clean t-shirt, and a nap. We spent most of the afternoon on the screen porch after everyone went home. It was great to slow down and enjoy the beautiful Spring day, the beautiful new house, and a little peace and quiet.



The last year has been the best year of my life. I couldn't be happier. I love you, baby O! And you too, Tom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment