Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reunion Part 2 - At the River

When the Texas heat gets above 100 degrees and we're camping outside, the only way to pass the day is in the cool water of the river. Owen's favorite activity was standing out in the river watching the kids go off the swing. Opa did his annual back flip off the swing and Nana even went off this year... twice!

When we got home after reunion, Tom sent this email:
This morning Owen needed to be held for a few minutes while he drank his milk. While we stood in the kitchen I asked if he remembered this weekend standing (just like we were) in the river watching the swing, motioning with a pointed finger where kids would jump off and splash. He grinned. I asked if he remembered Opa going off the swing and doing a backflip. He smiled more. Then I asked if he wanted to go back to the river. "da."

(Then I had to explain that we can't go back TODAY because he has to go to school, we have to work, etc.)
To which Opa replied, "Pls tell Owen he just made Opa's day."






Just being near the river brings my blood pressure and body temperature down and lying on this raft tied to a branch in the shade was heavenly. I borrowed this set up from a cousin and will have to repeat it for myself later.

No comments:

Post a Comment