Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween - Goodnight Gorilla

This year, Sevi was a Zookeeper for Halloween and Owen was a monkey. They were quite the little Goodnight Gorilla pair. Riley joined us for trick-or-treating and added her fairy to the mix.

I had such a good time with Halloween. Owen cracked me up in his monkey suit. He followed Sevi from house to house, but he only made it up to the door of a few houses. He was easily distracted by lawn ornaments and toys and steps and grass and everything else he found between the street and the houses. He hauled in four pieces of candy. Owen wanted to walk the whole time so he got really warm in his full body costume. I ended up unzipping the back of the costume about halfway through. His diaper peaking out the back of the monkey costume was super cute.







I put Owen's costume on him at home a few days before so he could get used to it. I put him in front a full length mirror and he squealed a loud "duh duuuuuuh!!!!" He grabbed at the stuffed belly and put the front of his costume in his mouth. In front of the mirror, he leaned in and gave himself kisses. It was hilarious. When we showed him that he had a tail, he grabbed it and tried to pull it in front of him. He's our adorable little monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment