Last Thanksgiving, Paula and I made Christmas advent calendars for our families that were based on the same pattern mom used to make an advent calendar when we were kids. This year I also decided to try to do some kind of holiday related activity with Owen each day so I wrote out activities on little cards and slipped them into the pocket with the ornament each day. I wrote a list of ideas ahead of time and I picked one I thought I could manage each day and slipped it in at the last minute. Here's how it turned out:
1. Look at pictures from Owen's first and second Christmases
2. Unwrap two Christmas books to read (from the library)
3. Decorate the window with Christmas jelly decorations
4. Buy a Christmas tree and light it up
5. Decorate tree
6. Play with Christmas tree magnets
7. Unwrap two Christmas books to read (from the library)
8. Listen to Christmas music in the car on the way home from school
9. Make paper ornaments and a star tree topper
10. Make Christmas muffins and Christmas cookies
11. Decorate Christmas cookies with friends
12. Find two Christmas books hidden in the house (from the library)
13. Make holiday thank you cards for your teachers
14. Decorate gingerbread house
15. can't remember...
16. Watch Charlie Brown Christmas movie and eat popcorn
17. Attend block holiday progressive dinner party
18. Decorate Nana's tree
19. Holiday photo puzzle
20. Eat sandwich with tree cut out / Go to Zilker tree
21. Walk around our street to see the Christmas lights
22. Make hand print Christmas ornaments
23. Go to Opa and Nana's with Bookidis cousins
24. Make Christmas cookies for Santa, open matching pj's
25. Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment