Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cora is ONE!

Cora's first birthday was a Saturday so we got to enjoy the day at home together as a family. We started the day with blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs.



Then we moved on to presents from Owen, Tom, and me.  Before Cora's birthday, I put together a short list of things online and asked Owen if he wanted to pick something that he could give to Cora for her birthday.  He liked the things I picked out, but he wanted them all for himself.  It was harder than I though it would be for him to pick something to give to Cora, but we managed to pick a few things out together.

Owen was very generous and sweet when we made cards for Cora the day before her birthday.  He cut the cards from wrapping paper, wrote with his markers, and talked out loud about what he was writing.  He was very loving with his messages for Cora.  "Dear Cora, I love you.  I like to hug you and play with you.  Happy Birthday."

 
Cora with her presents, pulling Owen's cards out of the envelope.


Tom is holding my phone so Grandma could join us on Face Time.



On her birthday, Cora showed off her favorite new climbing skills. 



And gave us a couple of super cute, still in pajamas pictures.



Happy birthday to our sweet, loving, funny baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment